Ben and Angela

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Has it been 3 months?

It does look like it has been 3 months....so I suppose we should put an update on here. I just began rotation # 8 (the last one!!!) yesterday, and I in at the Lincoln VA. It will be a great opportunity to interact and assist those that have served our country in the recent and not so recent past.

Concerning our near future, Ang and I have thought in depth about where to live over the next few years. We have decided we are going to try our best to stick around the Omaha area. Things are looking promising in that regard, I will let you all know when we have a definite plan.

Ang is super busy this week with parent-teacher conferences, which may be the reason why I have time to write! She does a great job as a teacher, this week is just an extra measure of work in her ridiculously busy life. I as well will be glad when she is done with the week, because being busy is ok, but as busy as she is? That is just a tad too much if you ask me! It's a good thing there are people like her out there, because I could not handle the life of a teacher (although I am getting pretty efficient at grading papers).

Clearance papers can go in on May 15th, and we hope for better news this time. May is looking pretty eventful this year!!!

Once this rotation is over, graduation comes on May 16. It has been a long road to get to that point, so it will be a relief to be finished!!! After graduation, I will begin to study in depth for my exams coming up in June. I have been able to study here and there during rotations, but not nearly to the extent I would have liked. My feeling about the exams is a mix of confidence and anxiety all at the same time. I can do nothing more than prepare and hope for the best!

We would love to hear from any and all of you, so feel free to give us a call, leave us a comment or send us an e-mail!

2 comments:

Dahl Family said...

Sounds like a busy time! Angela - did you survive parent teacher conferences? Oh, how I remember (and don't miss) those long weeks! Any fun parent stories? Ben - congrats on graduating soon!!!

Just one more thing to add to your crazy May - me! I'll be out there for a visit starting on May 20!

Ben said...

Yes I survived conferences! It's all the preparation that's tough I think. Hmm, fun parent stories?? One of my kiddos should probably be tested for SPED (mostly receptive language issues we think) but the parents are totally oppossed to it. So, I showed his writing and talked about my concerns and they just sat there and said nothing. I mentioned summer school and they said they'll work with him and they're really pleased with his progress (even though he's not on grade level for reading or writing). I just don't understand how they can deprive their child of more help...but oh well. That's not really funny, but I just like to quote the "we'll work with him" part...since that pretty much means do it for him. Oh well.
That will be a super crazy time in May, but I'll make time to see you! That'll be fun!