Ben and Angela

Monday, December 22, 2008

It is.......COLD!

I don't know how people get used to this cold stuff! At last check, it was -7 degrees outside, and luckily no wind. The wind chill with 80% humidity really does a number on you. The roads are pretty good for the most part (on the main ones), but when you get into the side streets, it is a lot of packed snow and ice.

I finished my 5th rotation (out of 8) this past week, and I couldn't be happier. My preceptor was quite kind, and taught me a great deal. The best part about it was that it ended up being only about 3 and 1/2 weeks long! I don't know if I could have handled this rotation for the entire 5 weeks sitting in front of a computer screen. This rotation was called, "Drug Information". Essentially I was at a call center for medication related questions. Other health care providers could call in if they couldn't find an answer for themselves, or if they were too lazy to do the leg work. That is where I would come in! I would research journal articles and drug databases to find what they were looking for. But the thing that I will remember most about this rotation was that I cannot handle sitting on my backside all day long like that. I would much rather be on my feet.

The past 2 Sundays we have spent time with Angela's family for their Christmas get togethers. Both of the parties were at the Pryor house in Papillion, and it seemed like there was a good turn out both weeks. There was great food, a lot of laughs, gift exchanging and hopefully good memories made for all. Except for maybe Amanda (Angela's sister), who lost out on her I-Tunes gift card to her niece. The little one thought it was a regular gift certificate she could use to buy whatever she wanted. Luckily I was able to steal it from the little niece, because once she learned what it was, she no longer wanted it. Unfortunately that didn't change the fact that Amanda could not have her I-Tunes. The gift exchange is brutal!!!

As we said before, we will be flying to SLC this week on Thursday. It will be an action packed week, so if you want to see us, and have the time, let us know. Hopefully we get to see a bunch of you then!

No comments: