Ben and Angela

Sunday, August 24, 2008

I will be taking orders upon request


So, a few months back, Ang found a recipe for a chocolate two layer cake. This cake, however, was one that she wanted me to make for her. Time passed, I went through finals, packed up my apartment, started rotations, and she said finally that she would just make it herself. But being the strong willed person that I am, I wouldn't let her take the recipe, and therefore she couldn't make the cake. This past week I finally got the motivation to bake up this cake. I told her that I was going to have a little surprise for her later that night (last Friday). I slaved over a hot stove/oven for what seemed like hours putting the touches of perfection on this delectable treat. The filling between the layers had some melted caramel, heavy cream, chopped pecans and butter (I know, extremely healthy). I had never made a two layer cake before, so I honestly didn't know how it would turn out. But, as I would soon see, I am a natural (except for the making the frosting look good). I will tell you though, it tastes better than it looks! Only problem is that I won't be able to get away with the excuse that I can't make a cake anymore. I think I tipped my hand a little too early!!!!! And, if you look closely, you can see that someone tasted the caramel pecan mixture before the cake was even cut. I won't be naming names here, but it wasn't me.....

2 comments:

Becky said...

Nice cake, scary picture of you Angela. JK Anyways were is my piece?

Sara Hadlow said...

That looks so yummy!