Ben and Angela

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Nauvoo and other stuff


I took the last day off from my Walgreen's rotation so we could make a weekend trip to Nauvoo. It was the last showing of the Nauvoo pageant, so we packed up the Ang's parent's Rondo and hit the road. The trip was shorter than I thought it was, we could have made it in like 5 1/2 hours, but we hit the Iowa State Fair traffic driving through Des Moines. It was a short cut that turned out to be a nightmare. But we made it through eventually! So if anyone tries to tell you otherwise, it is possible to get stuck in traffic in the state of Iowa. It's TRUE! It was a fun trip, just wish we would have had another day or so to not have to rush through everything so much.

I am now in Lincoln for my next rotation at a place called Pharmacy Specialty Services. It is a throw back to the good old days where the pharmacy would make everything they sold. We make and mix up medicines that aren't available commercially. It is a unique type of place, but I am enjoying it so far. A week and a half in already, and I like this one better than Walgreen's. They don't do a whole lot of prescriptions, which makes for some pretty slow days. I am still trying to figure out how it is a viable business. I don't know how they make their money. One slight problem is that I am staying in Lincoln during the week....which means I don't get to see Ang every day. Talk about some severe withdrawals!!! And of course last weekend went way too quickly as one would expect. But the trip from my driveway to the pharmacy is just slightly under 50 miles, which would have meant about 2 tanks of gas per week! So I am staying with some of Ang's fam here in Lincoln that were (are) nice enough to let me stay during the week. I can't wait until Friday!

No comments: