Ben and Angela

Monday, July 21, 2008

Bridgestone Beauty


I was warned a couple months ago that I would need new tires soon, but being a girl and all I didn't want to listen to just one mechanic (he might try to Jake me) at the time. Of course my dad kept saying I didn't need them yet either. But, I don't think I can trust his opinion since he's the one who drove his tires bald. I was getting a bit nervous when my tires squealed at any minor turn and my steering wheel wobbled when I hit the brakes. So, I decided to take my car in for a tire rotation (code word for 3rd opinion). The mechanic called my back and said he figured out what was causing the wobbling feeling-my tires were under the legal limit for tread. So, my $19.95 tire rotation turned into a $900 bill. Lucky for me, I used most of my summer school paycheck to foot the bill-that's after the government took 41% of my check out for taxes.

The cops must have noticed the new Bridgestones while I was driving too and decided to pull my over for speeding in a construction zone. OOPS!! That's what I get trying to do a favor for my mom and sister by dropping them off at church. Luckily, he only gave me a written warning (Ben said it was because of my good looks :) But, I'll count my blessings anyway!!

I couldn't have gotten my new Bridgestones at a better time since I left for my Math Workshop in Kearney yesterday. No more wobbling or squealing. The saddest part was leaving my sweetie though. I really don't miss people, but I almost cried when we said good-bye. True love is sweet. :)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey, Angela. I thought I'd just say hi. I saw the link to your blog on Becky's blog. Congrats on getting engaged. We have a blog too. brettandstephaniehall.blogspot.com
Stephanie

Sara Hadlow said...

It's good to you two are doing so well. I don't keep in touch as much as I'd like with the old gang so I'm glad you have this blog. Hope you guys can make it out to Utah some time soon.